Adapted and Mixed Patterns

I had made a dress from the pattern New Look 6184, but despite most of the dress fit just how I wanted it to, the arm holes were a little tights at the front and I didn’t have the patience to unpick the binding and trim back.  Instead I cut at the waist and added a waist band cut from a pattern piece used in Cynthia Rowley 2215.  The length and style works well and I will remake this combination.

Likewise wise with the dress I made of Simplicity 1459.  I have now discovered how to raise up armholes to make lifting my arms easier, thanks to a tutorial on Threads Magazine, but at the time of making this dress I didn’t know that, so I gave up and cut it down much in the same manner as the skirt above.  The skirt part to this dress actually I had altered to not have gathered pleats.  Please forgive the lack of ironing on this picture – it went straight from my sewing table to be worn for work!

image1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s