New Look K6483

I really didn’t like this make, so much so that it went straight in the bin. ┬áThere was simply too much to correct for me to want to pick it apart – the busy darts were too low, the shoulders too long even though I made the smallest size, the sleeves were too puffy.

New Look K6483
New Look K6483

I just didn’t like it. Then I did a little reading into people who had also made this top, and only found one example of the t-shirt being made, and that was on The Monthly Stitch blog, and it was something I would wear. ┬áSo I set about adding all the required alterations to give it the benefit of the doubt.

New Look K6483
New Look K6483

Alterations:

Moved the darts up by 2cm. Shortened the shoulder length by one and a half cm. Took in the side seams by 3cm each side. Made sleeves a little longer and added turn up detail.

Second attempt ended up being wearable and I no longer hate it, unfortunately I made so many alterations I can’t say it is much like the original pattern pieces anymore.

 

Advertisements

One Comment Add yours

  1. shoes15 says:

    Oh boo. Sorry this one was a dog.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s