Fabric, Notions and Alterations – Simplicity 1587
I have cut the fabric before I realised the fabric had been intended for another project and in fact had a slight stretch. Didn’t affect the dress in the end. Packet said just over 2m needed, but I managed it in 2m.
Button on back for fastening, two on front for details. 22inch invisible zipper. 2 x 3cm elastic for sleeves.
Took up by 1 and a half cm on the waist as it fell too low for me. Cut between a size 8 on shoulders and 12 on hips, which is usual for me. I need to pay more attention to fitting, and start bringing it in more at the waist. Since this dress had gathers anyway instead of darts I chose to add elastic on the inside waistband to bring in.
My favourite makes / reviews of this pattern are: